This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of working at height.
During the course we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at height. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of equipment, rigging and of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Award issued on completion
RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 24 months in line with industry standards. Locate the most current training package at training.gov.au
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed by Safety Ba6 in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Safety Ba6 training facility.
If you are under 18 years of age
It is a requirement that parental/guardian consent is obtained for students under the age of 18 to be able to participate in a course. The form for this can be found here.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Refresher training – 8 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
You will be assessed on:
- Names and functions of equipment, components, and materials
- Comply with equipment manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- Adhering to statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- Complying with heights safety systems
- The processes of providing for safe working practices
- Using safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Complying with safe wok methods
The simulated assessment environments will reflect the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment. Skills must be demonstrated by the student working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry-validated scenarios and simulations to assess students’ skills and knowledge.
It’s important that students have knowledge of the content of this course. The assessable practical skills are listed below.
You will be assessed on performing working at heights scenario and task demonstrations for:
- Identifying and interpreting work requirements
- Identifying and interpreting work procedures and instructions
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Accessing and installing equipment and check it is correct
- Conducting checks and inspections on the area and equipment
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Safely perform work at heights
- Cleaning up a work area